Pre-Midnight Iphone Monologues
I cannot stress enough how happy I am to finally do a breakthrough and muster up the courage to splurge on the “right things” at my early twenties. Woot woot.
Maybe this isn’t a biggie for trufax rich kids out there (You, lucky people). However, for an average yuppie who works her butt off 9-5/Monday-Friday, I guess I deserve a pat in the back for finally being able to invest on something with my hard-earned cash. A top of mind priority is my Iphone 5S. Yup. Go big or go home.
WHY IT’S TIME TO UPGRADE TO AN IPHONE:
1. YOURS TRULY IS ADDICTED TO THE INTERNET.- I need something to entertain me. All the time. I am guilty of leeching wifi at malls/coffee shops whenever there is a chance before. Hahaha! What the heck. Shoutout to Glorietta for being my free wifi mecca.
Also, my dorm is bordering to boring at times. Whenever I don’t have any plans with friends/workmates/boyfriend to hang out, I’d rather curl up and check Twitter or watch Youtube on my bed than stare into nothingness.
2. ALL MY PREVIOUS PHONES WERE VERY OUTDATED. - Yep, those Nokia phones and all. I *tried* lowering my costs by purchasing a second hand Blackberry. Unfortunately, it had an untimely death in less then a year! Goddamnit. I was just thankful that my boyfriend lent me his old phone that’s why I still had a connection to the world.
3. IN DIRE NEED OF A GOOD CAMERA- So, why didn’t I just get an SLR or something? Naah. I’m kind of leaning towards a mirrorless cam but I will purchase one once I have funds already. Huhuhu. Anyways, I’m digressing..
(Me trying Iphoneography)
Being a fan of anything multi-functional, I want my phone to be a very convenient companion in keeping up with primarily Lookbook and blog posts. Also, being able to snap random photos and moments with other people is a close second. I am trying my best to be able to update my portals as often as I have done before (circa 2011, pre-working girl days).
4. OMG. GAMES, MAN. - God, it sucked so bad when I can only play games like Candy Crush or Zombie Tsunami on someone else’s phone before. :( (Honestly, I don’t play so much anymore now)
5. INSTAGRAM!!!!! - To the creator of this app/SNS, you da bomb. <3
6. HELP. I AM DISORGNIZED.- Oh god. I am so SO bad in remembering birthdays. If I can sync that Facebook friends detail in my gadget or get an app that does so, life becomes easier. Also, I need to track my to-do lists and reminders more efficiently.
7. I AM A SLAVE OF CONSUMERISM.- Enough said. Aren’t we all?
Oops, yup, so far that’s about it. Notice all those gifs? I guess I have been reading a ton of Buzzfeed articles lately. Oh well. :| Hahaha.
Now, what will my next big purchase be? Well, one thing is for sure- it’s going to take some time but it will definitely be worth it.
02 Feb 2014 @ 11:39PM /
TAGGED AS: iphone iphone5s gif personal
Someday: It Bag Crush
Proenza Schouler PS1
This red one is a second choice.
Gorgeous Chloe Paraty
Sighhh. If only I have the capacity to purchase these. *day dreaming* Soon! I hope. I hope.. All I know is, once I am able to make these lovely things mine, i know I have already made it.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
My Blog is Not Dead
Weeeeh! I’m really happy that my on-the-verge-of-dying enthusiasm for posting here is already revived. I was terribly busy and distracted for a long time. Due to this, my online presence has been unfelt. I don’t post in LB anymore, moveover, even browse the site. Wow. I have not taken new interesting pictures in a while as well. Tsk tsk. Here’s..
WHY I’M STILL HERE
1. Photoshop 7-I finally have this installed again in my PC. Yay! This is one of the reasons why I feel handicapped before in blogging anything “creative”. Stupid me erased the old CS3 version before. SMH.
2. Nice Theme- I have been searching forever for the perfect one. Finally, it already appeared. Phew. I changed it for the second time. I thought I was happy with the first one that I posted on Instagram. :b
3. Time- Less pressure=more room for happy stuff.
4. Blogspiration- My shortlist are on the ‘Favorites’ part of sidebar. Haaay. Awesome people, Y U so perfect?
21 Jul 2013 @ 04:19PM /
TAGGED AS: personal
Help, I am horrible at people
It’s yet another weekend that I’ve spent in the company of my books, my bunny, my bed, and mostly my mother. I just don’t go out, and it’s not for lack of things to go out to (because this is Manila; there’s so much going on). It’s that I don’t appear to have actual friends to go to anything with.
I mean, I have friends, I guess. Friends who are maybe a step up from acquaintances, who I can talk to on a level a little higher than superficial for a respectable amount of time, but I don’t have friends friends. I have a couple of people I consider best friends, who are all so busy that I only see them a few times a year. (But every time I do, it’s like not much has changed. I can count on those people to be there when I absolutely need them to be.) But I don’t hang out with them. I don’t have friends I can hang out with. I don’t hang out.
I scroll through my online feeds on a regular basis and see lots of people basically just hanging out with each other, and it looks fun, and I don’t have that. It makes me sad that I don’t have someone I can text at random to grab a drink or a bite to eat or some coffee or to catch a movie or to go with to some random thing. I don’t have anyone to be casual with.
Is it because I’m bad at people? I don’t like to be the initiator; I’m too shy. I don’t like to force my company on others because I feel like people feel like they have to put up with me. I rarely really feel welcome anywhere; I need to be a little drunk to be comfortable in the company of others. I think I’ve grown so used to being in front of a screen and having a QWERTY keyboard of some form at my fingertips that I’ve essentially lost the art of conversation. I feel dull.
For a while, I thought maybe I didn’t want to go out because I felt ugly and didn’t want to be self-conscious, but then I checked myself. That’s only true sometimes, and rarely.
Mom says I’m like Dad; I’m just the lone wolf type. I mean, I see my boyfriend a few hours a week and barely text him, and I’m surprisingly okay with that. (I know I have a taste for expensive things and I can be terrible when I’m moody, but I can honestly say that I’ve never been a clingy, needy, possessive girlfriend. He doesn’t have it so bad with me. Or at least I hope so.) And this is the person I’m closest to.
I just worry sometimes that I’m too young to be so closed off to everything going on around me, that maybe I should make a little more effort to get out there, try harder. But I just don’t know how.
I mostly enjoy being alone. It’s on the very rare occasions that I feel lonely that I wonder if there’s something wrong with that, with me.
20 Jul 2013 @ 07:27PM /
TAGGED AS: personal
"If at some point between 22 – 27 you feel like you’re six years old again, lost and alone at the San Diego Zoo (it’s a big-frickin-zoo), frantically searching for a familiar face – hold tight,
you’re experiencing a bit of a Quarter-Life Crisis. Stay put. Pray a lot. And in no time someone will call your name across the loud speaker to tell you where you can be found.” -21 Secrets for Your Twenties, All Groan Up
Ouch! X Marks the spot. I read this excerpt during one of the tough times in my life and it really hit close to home.
I am sure that all of us is on their own quest for freedom and happiness on major aspects of life. This can be on love, career and other social/personal areas that we would like to be fulfilled in. Sometimes, things don’t work out originally as planned (on one of these, perhaps some or gasp! all? wag naman. hehe) which leaves us disappointed and unsure of what lies ahead. I know that I get lost at times too, but I am (and should be) pretty positive that I too, will get there soon!
A List Inspiration: Glitterati Iconoclasts
When I first saw the dress that Dominique Tiu was wearing, I thought that it was such a stunner! That’s the piece at the right paired with spiked headband and studded belt. Fierce much!
By the way, the owner Glitterati, Joanna Ladrido (left) looks great as well.I may add that I’m such a fan girl of these two girls because, well.. they have it all! I follow various blogs but I’m kind of drawn to them because they are really witty and interesting.
Oops, going back to the dress, I wish I could pull off this look- moreover, have an appropriate event to wear this if ever. Hahaha.
See more designs at Glitterati Facebook Page